The holiday season is in full force as the beginning of December shows signs of the hustle and bustle that people and stores are going through. Are you taking full advantage of this holiday season through your mobile strategy or is it gong to be a flop in the snow…
The following 5 Tips will ensure that you are using your mobile strategy to gain better results with your mobile coupons and offers.
1. Value: Just like we advise in all marketing efforts from Social Media status updates to promotions, your mobile offer needs to provide your customers with something of value, so that they are more likely to take action. Don’t offer a discount on something that people don’t particularly want or incentives that don’t make sense, this is a sure way to have a disappointing response.
2. Timing: This one may take some experimentation; however, it also should be somewhat straight forward based on your industry and what works. You’ll want to try different days of the week as well as different times of the day to find when your audience is most likely to take action. In some cases the timing will depend on the special you are running. Be sure to analyze your response rates and make adjustments and use the day and time that pulls the best.
3. Urgency: This is a crucial one for the mindset of people; you’ll be more likely to get your customers in the door or ordering online if there is a time limit on your offer or coupon. Having an open-ended coupon will allow people to go somewhere else first or take their time deciding to buy or not. Only you know best what works in your industry or for your product as to what that timeframe is, but make sure you include one with your offer. Also, you can experiment with a sliding timeline where earlier redemptions get a better deal over later ones.
4. Frequency: While not keeping in touch with your customers can be detrimental, so can irritating them with frequent messages to their phone. While we suggest that you follow your industry’s standard, you also may want to only send special offers on special occasions so as to not de-value your product or service. Also, track your offers and send offers at a frequency that doesn’t negatively impact redemption.
5. Advertising: Like we tell our clients about social media, adding a mobile strategy isn’t about replacing all your marketing and advertising, its in addition to. Your mobile push notification of offers is just a tool to get the word out. Don’t forget to showcase the offer at your location, on your website with a banner, encourage downloads of your app on your social media, mention it in your print ads, etc. The more people you getting downloading your mobile app, the more successful your offers will be.
With these tips you should be able to put together a mobile offer campaign that’s successful and a benefit to both your business and to your customers. Happy Holidays for all of us here at Social Brothers!
Haven’t implemented a Mobile Strategy yet? What are you waiting for the time to get started is now! Learn more about our Mobile Websites & Mobile Apps for business or contact us for a free consultation today.