Heavy Foot Traffic
One of the biggest challenges of generating results from social media is building your audience and following with your target market. Twitter and Facebook, the two biggest and most popular social networks offer different opportunities to build your audience. However, restaurants have a unique opportunity due to the heavy foot traffic they receive every day. To get the most out of social media, make sure you’re driving your daily foot traffic to your profiles.
Get the most from your foot traffic
- Invite visitors to join your networks by sharing links and QR Codes around the restaurant and on tables
- Provide instant promotions for new Followers/Fans
- Setup a Checkin Offer
- Add QR Codes directing users to networks on receipts
Endless Photo Opportunities
Regardless of if you’re using Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest, photos almost always get more engagement and higher reach than any other type of status update. For many industries, coming up with original images to use on social media and link back to their main site can be a challenge.
With restaurants, you can always take photos of entrees, deserts, drinks and anything else that may be on your menu or in your environment. Not only does this make coming up with original images easy, but photos of food always grab the interest of hungry online users.
Get the most from photos
- Consider hiring a professional photographer to take professional photos of each item on your menu
- Share photos individually throughout the life of the restaurant as part of your social media strategy
- Take photos of new dishes or items that are created on the fly by cooks and employees
- Invite customers to share photos to the page and use these in updates
Easily Get Online Users Into The Restaurant
One of the biggest challenges with any business using social media is turning engaged users into paying customers in your store front. However, restaurants have a unique advantage over other industries. People are constantly looking for new restaurants and places to eat, with the right approach you can easily attract these users to your doors.
Social media is a perfect solution with opportunity to showcase your entrees and provide special promotions to customers. When you ask consumers the number 1 reason they follow a brand on social media, it’s to receive special offers. Restaurants are able to take advantage of this by offering deals that get consumers excited without breaking the bank.
Get the most out of special offers
- Setup a Welcome/Reveal Tab on Facebook
- Provide a special offer coupon that customers are able to take advantage of on their next visit
- Setup a Check-In offer
- Every Check-In is shared as a status update, going out to the users average 250 Friends
- Share social media specific promotions during slow periods to encourage users to visit the restaurant
Today we covered three big reasons why restaurants have a unique advantage over other industries when it comes to using social media. By no means have we covered all of the advantages, in fact we encourage you to take just a moment and subscribe to our Blog to receive continual updates on new articles related to social media and restaurant marketing. To subscribe, just fill out the short form to the right.
Questions regarding how to get more out of social media in your restaurant? Use the comments field below to ask questions, we respond to EVERY comment.