First, before you re-train yourself how to share updates on Facebook, lets briefly talk about why getting engagement is important for your social media success.
The more engagement your update receives from your Fans, the more reach your status updates will get.
- This increases your brand reach with current Fans and new potential Fans.
- Generates more brand awareness and stronger reputation with your audience
- The more your Fans engage with your updates, the more they connect with your brand.
- Even if it’s an action as simple as hitting Like, they see your name and make a connection with your brand.
- Every time they see your name, it brings your brand to top of mind.
- The more engagement you receive on each status update, the more trust new Fans will have when landing on your page for the first time.
- Facebook users trust other users, if they see a higher amount of other users engaging with a brand they automatically have more trust with that brand.
- The more engagement you receive the higher the likelihood that your Page will show up in Facebook searches.
- Facebook almost always shows Pages with higher engagement first in relative searches.
- The more engagement your updates get, the higher chance of turning Fans into paying customers.
- Fans that trust and see your brand consistently are more likely to visit your website or place of business and spend their money on your products or services
So now that you can see why it’s worth taking a few more minutes to read the rest of this article, lets talk about how you can increase your engagement starting with your very next status update on your Facebook Page.
Step 1: Quality Content
This should be a no brainer, but you’d be surprised how many brands are sharing content that, unfortunately, no one cares about. It doesn’t not matter how you structure a status update if the content is poor. Take a few minutes and create quality content that your target market will be interested in. This doesn’t have to be anything from your website or even brand, but it must be related and of interest to your target market.
Step 2: The Attention Grabber
Now that you have quality content, it’s time to grab the attention of your audience. With literally hundreds of status updates being put in any one user’s News Feed you must grab their attention, you’re going to want to do this with the first sentence of the update. Start by telling the user what the update is about and end with why they care.
Good Example: “Without Facebook engagement you’re wasting your time on the network.”
Bad Example: “Increase Facebook engagement.”
Step 3: Lure Them In
Now that you have your audiences attention, it’s time to lure them in with how the update is going to help solve their problem or provide them value. This is where you explain what the update is going to do for them if they spend any amount of time with it.
Good Example: “Stop guessing how to get your Fans to engage and start creating real relationships with your Fans to get results from Facebook.”
Bad Example: “Here’s how.”
Step 4: Call to Action
Now that you have your audiences full attention, tell them exactly what you want them to do. In some cases it may be hitting the Like button, Sharing or commenting, while other times you may want them to click a link. Whatever the call to action is, make it easy and clear and tell them exactly what to do next.
Good Example: “Increase your Facebook engagement with these easy to implement step by step instructions —> LINK”
Bad Example: “LINK”
Bonus Tip: We recommend putting a line break in between the information of the update and the Call to Action, this makes the Call to Action stand out as well as making the whole update easier to read.
With this information you should be able to better optimize your Facebook status updates to receive more engagement. More engagement is going to make your brand’s reach and awareness increase, ultimately increasing your Facebook results. If you would like more tricks like this to increase your Facebook results, consider investing in our Social Media Consulting Services.